Each year the members of the XSF choose new people to provide technical leadership on the XMPP Council and business leadership on the XSF Board of Directors. These roles typically require only a few hours a week over the one-year term, and are a great way to get involved in the XMPP community. If you’re interested in volunteering or know someone else who might be, visit the wiki page or ask one of the current Board or Council members for insights.
- Security Test Day – it’s fast approaching
- XMPP and IoT Event in London 2 December 2013
- Python IoT Hacking with XMPP in Stockholm
- Ubiquitous XMPP Encryption – test day 01
- XMPP and IoT event 14 November 2013
- XMPP Ubiquitous Encryption – a manifesto
- 2013 Annual Meeting and Voting Results
- Voting for the 2013 XSF Board and Council has begun
- In-Band Real-Time Text to Draft Standard
- Stanza Forwarding to Draft Standard
- Server Dialback to Draft Standard
- Bidirectional Server-to-Server Connections
- Prosody 0.9 released
- Membership voting for Q2 2013 has started
- Hackfest in Berlin on July 27
What is the XSF?
The XMPP Standards Foundation is an independent, nonprofit standards development organization whose primary mission is to define open protocols for presence, instant messaging, and real-time communication and collaboration on top of the IETF’s Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP).