Each year the members of the XSF choose new people to provide technical leadership on the XMPP Council and business leadership on the XSF Board of Directors. These roles typically require only a few hours a week over the one-year term, and are a great way to get involved in the XMPP community. If you’re interested in volunteering or know someone else who might be, visit the wiki page or ask one of the current Board or Council members for insights.
- 2013 Q1 Membership Voting is happening now!
- XMPP at PyCon 2013
- Jitsi 2.0 Now Released!
- XMPP Summit 13 is complete
- The FOSDEM Schedule Is Set
- XMPP Summit 13 in Brussels
- 2013 XSF Board and Tech Council
- Vulnerability in XMPP Server Dialback Implementations
- XMPP Summit
- GSoC Coding Has Begun
- BrowserID, meet XMPP.
- And our GSoC students are…
- GSoC 2012 Student Application deadline approaching
- XMPP WG Session at IETF 83
- Another Summer of Code
What is the XSF?
The XMPP Standards Foundation is an independent, nonprofit standards development organization whose primary mission is to define open protocols for presence, instant messaging, and real-time communication and collaboration on top of the IETF’s Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP).