The XMPP Standards Foundation has advanced XEP-0301 (In-Band Real Time Text) from Experimental to Draft in its standards process. This technology enables “conversational text” to be exchanged instantly while it is being typed or created, which has applications in live speech transcription, systems for the deaf and hard of hearing, and other situations where speech is not practical.
- Upcoming events
- Happy Encrypted Network!
- XMPP on the Global Internet of Things Day
- Security Notice: Uncontrolled Resource Consumption with Highly-Compressed XMPP Stanzas
- Third Security Test Day
- Google Summer of Code 2014
- Second Security Test Day
- Thank You to the Internet Society
- XMPP Summit 15
- Security Test Day is tomorrow 4 Jan 2014
- Membership Application Period for Q4 2013 has begun
- XSF will be present at FOSDEM 2014
- Security Test Day – it’s fast approaching
- XMPP and IoT Event in London 2 December 2013
- Python IoT Hacking with XMPP in Stockholm
What is the XSF?
The XMPP Standards Foundation is an independent, nonprofit standards development organization whose primary mission is to define open protocols for presence, instant messaging, and real-time communication and collaboration on top of the IETF’s Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP).