- All XMPP Extension Protocols (XEPs) pass by a simple majority of +1 votes.
- A -1 vote is a veto, and the concerns of the Council member voting -1 must be addressed before the XEP can be approved.
- Unless noted otherwise by the XMPP Extensions Editor when announcing a Council vote, the voting period shall be ten (10) days.
- If a Council member does not vote within the voting period, the Council member’s vote defaults to 0 but the XMPP Extensions Editor shall track the fact that the member did not vote.
- If a Council member misses three votes in a row, the Council member may be subject to forfeiting his or her membership.
- The Council shall determine if and when to remove members (e.g.., for non-voting). In order for a member to be removed, three-quarters (75%) of all Council members must vote +1 for removal.
- The Council shall at its discretion determine whether to fill any vacancies on the Council, but as a matter of policy should do so if there are more than 3 months remaining in the Council’s term.
- In order to fill any vacancies, the Council shall call for applicants and select a new member from among the applicants.
- Security Test Day – it’s fast approaching
- XMPP and IoT Event in London 2 December 2013
- Python IoT Hacking with XMPP in Stockholm
- Ubiquitous XMPP Encryption – test day 01
- XMPP and IoT event 14 November 2013
- XMPP Ubiquitous Encryption – a manifesto
- 2013 Annual Meeting and Voting Results
- Voting for the 2013 XSF Board and Council has begun
- In-Band Real-Time Text to Draft Standard
- Stanza Forwarding to Draft Standard
- Server Dialback to Draft Standard
- Bidirectional Server-to-Server Connections
- Prosody 0.9 released
- Membership voting for Q2 2013 has started
- Hackfest in Berlin on July 27
What is the XSF?
The XMPP Standards Foundation is an independent, nonprofit standards development organization whose primary mission is to define open protocols for presence, instant messaging, and real-time communication and collaboration on top of the IETF’s Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP).