- All XMPP Extension Protocols (XEPs) pass by a simple majority of +1 votes.
- A -1 vote is a veto, and the concerns of the Council member voting -1 must be addressed before the XEP can be approved.
- Unless noted otherwise by the XMPP Extensions Editor when announcing a Council vote, the voting period shall be ten (10) days.
- If a Council member does not vote within the voting period, the Council member’s vote defaults to 0 but the XMPP Extensions Editor shall track the fact that the member did not vote.
- If a Council member misses three votes in a row, the Council member may be subject to forfeiting his or her membership.
- The Council shall determine if and when to remove members (e.g.., for non-voting). In order for a member to be removed, three-quarters (75%) of all Council members must vote +1 for removal.
- The Council shall at its discretion determine whether to fill any vacancies on the Council, but as a matter of policy should do so if there are more than 3 months remaining in the Council’s term.
- In order to fill any vacancies, the Council shall call for applicants and select a new member from among the applicants.
- XMPP on the Global Internet of Things Day
- Security Notice: Uncontrolled Resource Consumption with Highly-Compressed XMPP Stanzas
- Third Security Test Day
- Google Summer of Code 2014
- Second Security Test Day
- Thank You to the Internet Society
- XMPP Summit 15
- Security Test Day is tomorrow 4 Jan 2014
- Membership Application Period for Q4 2013 has begun
- XSF will be present at FOSDEM 2014
- Security Test Day – it’s fast approaching
- XMPP and IoT Event in London 2 December 2013
- Python IoT Hacking with XMPP in Stockholm
- Ubiquitous XMPP Encryption – test day 01
- XMPP and IoT event 14 November 2013
What is the XSF?
The XMPP Standards Foundation is an independent, nonprofit standards development organization whose primary mission is to define open protocols for presence, instant messaging, and real-time communication and collaboration on top of the IETF’s Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP).