The second developer conference held by the XMPP Standards Foundation occurred on February 26, 2007, in Brussels, Belgium (the same week as FOSDEM 2007).
Note: The following information is archived here for historical purposes (last updated 2007-02-26).
A detailed agenda will be worked out at FOSDEM 2007 through a just-in-time process of discussion. In general there will be two main activities: (1) in-depth problem-solving related to pressing XMPP protocol extensions and (2) interoperability testing of codebases represented by developers in attendance.
At FOSDEM 2007 we talk informally about high-priority topics in the XMPP world, but at the one-day devcon we will devote more time to in-depth problem solving and technology development. Here are some potential topics for discussion:
- Personal Eventing via Pubsub (PEP)
- End-to-end encryption
- Spim prevention
- Set up of an online environment for ongoing testing
- Establishment of a certification program
- Simultaneous XML editing (for whiteboarding etc.)
- SASL EXTERNAL and the Intermediate Certification Authority (ICA)
- Clarifications to rfc3920bis
The focus for this event will still be core XMPP compliance, including the modifications in rfc3920bis and rfc3921bis, with a special focus on TLS and SASL. We will also test service discovery and entity capabilities. This will help us complete the RFC changes and prepare for work on a compliance program.
The meeting will be held 08:30 to 16:30 local time at the Atlas Hotel at Rue du Vieux Marché aux Grains 30 in Brussels. We have reserved a block of rooms at the hotel but it is downtown so other options (youth hostels etc.) are conveniently located nearby. If you reserve a room at the Atlas Hotel, please specify “XMPP conference on 26 Feb” in the comments so you get the right room rate.
Here is the rate:
- Single room: weekend price : 75 euros, week price : 114 euros
- Double room: weekend price: 85 euros, week price : 129 euros
Breakfast and taxes included.
Room sharing is encouraged. Join the FOSDEM discussion list to discuss room sharing and logistics information with other participants.
The XSF will also hold an informal dinner on Sunday evening for all participants.
The following people are confirmed for participation in the Monday Summit:
- Eric de Boer(Jeti)
- Alexander Gnauck (AG-Software / XSF Board)
- Artur Hefczyc (Tigase)
- Ralph Meijer (Twisted Matrix Labs / XMPP Council)
- Ian Paterson (ClientSide / XMPP Council)
- Mickaël Rémond (Process-one / XSF Board)
- Peter Saint-Andre (XMPP Standards Foundation)
- Kevin Smith (Psi / XMPP Council)
- Matt Tucker (Jive Software / XSF Board)
- Jakob Schröter
- Yann Biancheri (Horizon Wimba)
- Remko Tronçon
- Matthias Wimmer (amessage / jabberd14)
- Jonas Lindberg (Google)
- Robert McQueen (Collabora)
- Dafydd Harries (Collabora)
The following people will attend FOSDEM but are not yet confirmed for the Summit on Monday:
- Gregoire Menuel (JabberFR)
- Ben Turner (Siemens)