On this page:
Peter Saint-Andre is CTO at &yet and has served as executive director of the XMPP Standards Foundation since 2002. He has been contributing to the Jabber/XMPP developer community since late 1999, where he has focused on documentation and standardization as author of the XMPP RFCs, numerous XMPP extension protocols, and XMPP: The Definitive Guide (O’Reilly, 2009).
The Secretary of the XSF is Alexander Gnauck. Alex is a software engineer born in 1973 in Germany. He lives in Heilbronn, which is a city in south-central Germany near Stuttgart. As the founder of AG-Software he offers software development and consulting in XMPP communication technologies. He has also worked for ALF, a company developing financial consulting software for bankers. Alexander served as Chair of the XSF Board of Directors for 2007-2008 and as a Board member for 2006-2007 and 2008-2009.
As explained in the XSF Bylaws, the Secretary of the XMPP Standards Foundation has the following responsibilities:
- Issue all notices and announcements of the XSF (e.g., meeting announcements)
- Maintain the official records of the XSF, including the bylaws and the list of members
- Run the XSF’s quarterly membership elections and yearly Board and Council elections, including identification of eligible members and maintenance of the XSF’s voting bot
- Write and publish meeting minutes for Member meetings and Board meetings
- Coordinate and consult with the Board of Directors, the Chair of the Board, and the Executive Director on all appropriate issues