The XMPP Standards Foundation (XSF) participates as a hosting organisation in the Google Summer of Code 2023.
If you are interested in participating as a student (or just an open source newbie), mentor, or XMPP project, this is the site to start with!
XMPP - the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol
XMPP is the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol, a set of open technologies for instant messaging, presence, multi-party chat, voice and video calls, collaboration, lightweight middle-ware, content syndication, and generalized routing of XML data. XMPP was originally developed in the Jabber open-source community to provide an open, decentralized alternative to the closed instant messaging services at that time.
Google Summer of Code 2023
The Google Summer of Code is an international annual program in which Google awards stipends to contributors who successfully complete a free and open-source software coding project during the summer. Project ideas are listed by host organizations involved in open-source software development, though students can also propose their own project ideas.
The XSF has applied and has been accepted to participate the Google Summer of Code 2023. If you are interested please start now reading our designated page in the XSF Wiki, see reference below.
Welcome to our new contributors!
Our contributors are to be announced! Feel free to spread the word via our media channel references below!
Resources and Getting Started
If you are an interested contributor or project - the first two links are key to read! Early engagement and communication with us is essential to a fruitful collarboration.
- Google’s website
- XSF wiki
- Reach us via web chat or review our “Getting started with XMPP” page and reach us via our public chat.
- Previous XSF Google Summer of Code participation archive
- Flyer for advertisement of XMPP & Google Summer of Code 2023
Checkout our media channels!
We are looking forward to your projects! –The XSF Organisation Admin
- Google Summer of Code, Wikipedia contributors, Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia, 22 November 2021 23:03 UTC, 22 January 2022 14:31 UTC, Permanent Link
- GSoC-icon.svg, Wikimedia Commons contributors, Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository, Date of last revision: 17 June 2021 12:10 UTC, 22 January 2022 14:33 UTC, permanent link, 569574711