Ubiquitous XMPP Encryption - test day 01
Simon posted on the jdev mailing list a great reminder about the upcoming test day quoted below:
"We owe it to our user's to provide secure communications" - St Peter.
To achieve ubiquitous encryption between clients and servers on XMPP, we're doing a phased approach similar to the ipv6 test days.
- 4th January is the first test day of full XMPP encryption. The aim - see what breaks when all XMPP sites enable secure communication.
- February 22, 2014 - second test day
- March 22, 2014 - third test day
- April 19, 2014 - fourth test day
- May 19, 2014 - permanent upgrade
This mean that you should:
- Sysadmins: check your server's security at http://XMPP.net
- XMPP developers: provide a bare minimum configuration to be able to pass the tests at http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Securing_XMPP
- Everyone: Sign the manifesto (via pull request): https://github.com/stpeter/manifesto
I'm really excited to achieve this. It's been too long in the making but we have no better reasons than now to get it done.
Please also spread the word on how XMPP takes user privacy seriously. S.